Sunday, January 13, 2013

Sleep, sleep, I couldn't sleep tonight not for all the jewels in the crown...

As you can see by the time on this post, it's very very late in the night. So, why does sleep elude me? I have been tossing and turning for the past few hours, trying to sleep but unable to.There are reasons and reasons as to why a person cannot sleep. A good many of them have to do with our lifestyle.It's really quite easy to make the minor changes needed to get a decent night's sleep. Here's help:
  • Stress -- physical and mental -- is a major cause of insomnia. 
  • Alcohol after 6 p.m. at night and caffeine can keep you awake nights.
  • Keeping your bedroom cool rather than warm, dim rather than bright, and dry rather than humid is the way to go for optimum sleeping conditions.
  • Your bed  and pillow need to be adequate for relaxed sleep.
  • For snoring problems that can disrupt sleep, try raising your head by taking an extra pillow and also sleeping on your side instead of your back.
  • Avoid  bringing work or your laptop into bed at night. Instead, look to do something that helps your mind unwind -- like reading or listening to relaxing music and the age old relaxation remedy...yes, sex!!
And if none of this works try out the following. Works for me every single time. (except when I am too excited to run to me notebook and write to you all about my lack of sleep!! So I got it! the reason for my insomnia today is you guys!! Excitement is top of MY list today ;))

So, I was saying, a sure shot way of getting the z'zzzzs is what is called the "Shava-Asana" in Yoga. Read all about it here: 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shavasana

As I said before...works for me each and every time and I get up rejuvenated and extremely relaxed....rearing to go!!!

Oh! and do read my post "The Spa"..another great sleep inducing technique.



Here's one of a happy sleeper! Our darling Sultan :))

No comments: