Wednesday, March 28, 2018

A stitch in time saves nine!



Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared with scars.” – Khalil Gibran



Oft one hears...."Just throw it away, it's broken......" Aaaah! yes, but I never could, doubt I'll learn to, well, doesn't seem likely anytime soon...just love it too much: fixing broken stuff. As a youngster, it was the TDK tapes with my favourite songs that used to get stuck in the tape-recorder (gunjal ho jaati thee) and I just couldn't throw them and loose all those songs, ouch!! Nevaaaah! And so I diligently fixed them with cello tape. And voila! the music, it played again, minus a couple of lines and a distinct sound when the cellotaped portion ran over the tape reader.....My stuff, yes, I like fixing it, it gives me memories and with it, a history. 

No comments: